Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

You Have Arrived at Your Destination


When you arrive expect the smell of petroleum, the sight of white smoke, and the noise of screeching tires but before you can enter you do have to pay, which varies depending on the track you go too. Most tracks have a website that shows prices and dates for events. So who can race? Anyone with a valid driver license and a car, if your minor you probably will need to get a waiver signed by your parents.  A question many people have is if that payment is only for one race, and the answer to that question is no. Depending on how early you get there before elimination rounds, which ill talk about in another post, will give you  more chances to run your car. Before you can run your car you must get it inspected this is the first thing you must do when you go to most tracks and if your car is faster then a certain time they will want to expect your helmet as well. After you pass their quick inspection you will be placed in, depending if your car is auto or manual, either “street car” or as I like to call them “clutch busters.” They separate autos and manuals because automatic cars have it easier in the elimination rounds. They will explain the Christmas tree -yes Christmas tree- to you as well and its something I plan to get into more detail later on. Any car can go, I have even seen cars such as a Toyota Camry there, but I will be honest, that is not common. The point is to get your car faster and faster but at the end of the day don’t forget its for fun. Everyone there is for the same reasons you are and the community of people at the track are all friendly, even the intimidating looking ones.

4 comments:

  1. I have to say that I will come back and read your blog just to see what else I can learn about this topic. the about me page and your post are connected and make sense. You have explained very good what is all of this about and made it very interested. I don't know if i'm thrilled by the idea of you not telling me what the Christmas tree is all about but yeah! i think I want to come back and check what is that? I would like to know more details of where can you find those places, how do they work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I plan to add more on my next blog I made this one short and didn't add enough information. I plan to write a blog post as long as yours, very well written by the way.

      Delete
  2. I like your idea. My friend he lives in San Rafael but goes to SRJC, he and his dad are big time track racers. They go to many events around California and they are racers themselves. You really caught my attention even though I too am not into racing. Maybe I'll check them out with my friend or get into racing but until I have a better shaped car lol. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Wow thats crazy, your friend and his dad must be very good and I would not want to race them lol. Yeah you should check it out, it's a rush and the car doesn't matter, at the end of day man its for fun.

      Delete